Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Shopsmith - antique or just old?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:34:49 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

The User Group might be the ticket.
Someone there might be making one up to spec - and need parts or a new
frame..... for that older model. So there is some worth in older shop stuff.

Look around and see if there are other parts that are made for it. They
will up the price as often they are forgotten and are not on the market.

Martin

Just a clarification on the "parts" that (I think) Martin is referring to..
Not spare parts, though some folks on Ebay make more money by taking the machine
apart and selling it bit by bit..

The shopsmith is a "multi-purpose" machine, and because of the changeability,
for lack of a real word, most of us bought not only the machine, but many
accessories.. Sanding disks, router and mortising attachments, even band saw and
belt sanding attachments..

You want to round up any pieces that either have the Shopsmith name or logo on
them, as well as anything that looks like it might fit on the machine itself..

I'd recommend taking a trip to EBAY and looking at the ones for sale now and
sort of learning models, pricing, accessories, etc..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing