Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default How to "de-coke" Epson printer ink jets ?

nightjar cpb@ wrote:

I can only assume that you are easily satisfied if you find a four colour
printer gives just as good a result as a six colour printer. I supply a
number of professional photographers and, while a few favour Canon 6
cartridge printers, most prefer Epson 8 or 9 cartridge printers.

Yup, I'm easily satisfied and I'm sure most non-professional users would
be - the output still looks like a glossy photograph that came from the
chemist when held in the hand and not something as printed in a
magazine. Me using cheapo photo paper from Poundland as well.
Sacrilegious :-)

Peeking closely to find faults with some colours and visible dithering
is not something most snapshot users would worry about at this price
level. Besides minimun 1pl droplet sizes on the Canon iP4300 are smaller
than the Epson Photo 750's 6pl, so in my eyes my newer printer cleanly
gets away with it.

Seven years of development between the two and minimun swearing about
blocked jets or excessive cartridge use...

--
Adrian C