Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default How to "de-coke" Epson printer ink jets ?

"Adrian C" wrote in message
nightjar cpb@ wrote:
It can just take a lot of cleaning cycles to get an Epson that has been
left standing going again.

Yup. I gave up - not impressive when I have folks waiting :-)

However, easily avoided by turning the printer on and letting it run a
start-up cycle about once a week.

In my experience zero cleaning cycles required for my Canon ip4300 printer
that gets infrequent use as most of the non-colour stuff goes to a laser
printer. Excellent photos, quite up to the standard of my previous Epson
Photo 750.

I can only assume that you are easily satisfied if you find a four colour
printer gives just as good a result as a six colour printer. I supply a
number of professional photographers and, while a few favour Canon 6
cartridge printers, most prefer Epson 8 or 9 cartridge printers.

Colin Bignell