Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default How to "de-coke" Epson printer ink jets ?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Adam Aglionby
saying something like:

Fill old cartridges with solvent, Servisol AeroKleene50 works as well
as any. Run cleaning cycle.Apply solvent diirectly to feeds. Epson
jets are piezo and seperate from the cartridge.

Interesting, I'll try that.

Use deep clean option in Epson service utility

Ho ho ho... don't, whatever you do, fill an old cartridge with distilled
water and run a cycle - it leaks onto the leccy bits and releases the
smoke. Of course, by the time the old ink has dissolved into the
distilled water it makes a nicely conductive solution, as I realised
later.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Just had to junk an Epson 600 after 10 years and thousands of pages
because of paper feed eventually getting erratic. Lived on a diet of
comaptible carts, older Epsons like to clean their heads about every 2
miliseconds.R200 which is getting on a bit now is much less inclined
to block its jets or clean so frequently.

I now have three Epson 600s - one is almost brand new, in that it was
bought a decade ago and only printed less than 100 sheets before it
terminally clogged - the others were gathered in the past year in an
attempt to make a spares pile. Annoyingly, both the replacements were
working, but clogged soon after - seems they just don't like sitting for
a while and I was careful to run a page through them every fortnight
just to keep them clear.
I have an HP for normal output, but I'd like to get a 600 working for
rough output - DVD cases, etc.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a