Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Verizon FIOS a new failure....

Well we havent had verizon fios for 2 years, for voice and DSL, I
havent taken FIOS tv.

First a noisey router in their central office created bad noise on
some incoming calls, only took 6 weeks to get their network division
to finally fix it, after calling every day for a month and some heated
arguments with CSRs who claimed all was fine, must be my inside wiring
after verizon techs on site here reproduced the problem and noted in
the account it was NOT my inside wiring.

Today a new problem, whats that alarm tone? beeps very few minutes,
kinda like a smoke alarm

turns out to be the DSL box in the basement, has red battery failure
light up

called verizon obviously rebooting my computer, and all the rest the
automated system tries to make me try isnt going to fix this one.

entered my phone number like 4 times, finally got a rep who is sending
out a new battery if they arent on strike tomorrow

but he wonders if there was a power surge? sounded like he expects the
battery isnt going to fix it, and frankly i am too busy to wait around
for a tech. although all my experiences with them have proved to be
nice. the office people have a sucky attitude.

I asked how to turn off the alarm, sadly the only way to do that is
power everything off, shutting off my phone entirely

geez why didnt they put a alarm silence button somewhere? the noise is
annoying........

and if they go on strike it will be there forever..........

next stop see if I can get the battery pack apart, and replace the
cells, its really annoying

My old DSL worked fine sorry I EVER heard of FIOS, keep your copper
its more reliable