Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default How to "de-coke" Epson printer ink jets ?

nightjar cpb@ wrote:
It can just take a lot of cleaning cycles to get an Epson that has been left
standing going again.

Yup. I gave up - not impressive when I have folks waiting :-)

In my experience zero cleaning cycles required for my Canon ip4300
printer that gets infrequent use as most of the non-colour stuff goes to
a laser printer. Excellent photos, quite up to the standard of my
previous Epson Photo 750.

If ye wanna a laugh, and have got a defunct Epson printer that's going
nowhere, take it to pieces and boggle at the volume of felt cloth they
have installed in the bottom rear to absorb all the ink that is wasted
during cleaning. Over engineering or perhaps Epson expect the customer
to be wasting all that champange priced ink?

Then strip out the stepper motors and flog 'em on eBay ;-)

--
Adrian C