Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default How to "de-coke" Epson printer ink jets ?

On Aug 10, 4:23*pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message

8

Low cost colour lasers are slow even running mono print, something to
be aware of.

Do you think an inkjet is fast?
16/4 ppm from a £80 colour laser is pretty fast and is a lot quicker than
most inkjets.

Phaser at sub £80 looks a good deal, as long as its full fill toner
and not demo as a full set of toners is over £100.
Also solid inks believe they like left switched on all the time.

Colour laser versus mono laser, even a cheap mono laser will easily do
20 pages a minute, colour lasers are a lot slower usually, even
running mono only, if your doing a lot of mono printing, mono laser is
going to be faster and cheaper.

Laser is always going to be faster than inkjet.

Should keep laser printers away from right beside you as well because
of the ionising effect of the corona wire and toner floating in the
air, mine lives in a hall cupboard with a network cable to it.

I have yet to see an inkjet that will print an A4 photo in less than 20
seconds.

if I want professional photo prints I get them done online.

That is certainly a good option these days.

For occasional printing probably better value than maintaining an
inkjet.

My local ASDA will print 100 6x4 for £7.50 so its going to be hard to beat
on price.
Its open 24 Hrs too.

7.5p per sheet would be hard to get decent glossy paper at the price.

I have a little Samsung dyesub printer for taking on holiday or to parties.

Some of the portable dye sub printers look actually affordable to run,
not the Lexmark strangely ;-)

Adam