Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default How to "de-coke" Epson printer ink jets ?

"Edgar" wrote in message
Nick wrote:

Well, thanks guys - seems like I can clean it if I have time to spare
but it won't last long -
Yes I have run nearly a whole catridge through on cleaning cycles and
no real difference, so I'll try the stage three clean on one of the
above and start looking for a new HP.
Any recommendations for current HPs ? Budget around �75 for a colour
inkjet
only ( don't need / want scanner / copier built in, as have those
devices - really only for occasional photos and it would be good if it
ran on non-original ink but not really bothered as used so little.

Thanks,

Nick

My Epson 1160 has been completely trouble free since I left it on full
time about 6 months ago. Before that it was always needing cleaning and
tended to produce blotchy prints. Sometimes it needed the glass cleaner
treatment. Now it seems perfect despite fairly infrequent use and being
loaded with very cheap cartridges.

It would be interesting to know if this is just good fortune or if
there's a reason for it.

It probably does automatic maintenance.