Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod[_2_] LRod[_2_] is offline

Default FedEx Freight

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:36:27 +0300, "Rick Samuel"
wrote:

This is the guy that necessitates the warnings on paint that says not
to ingest it. He is the guy that requires a sticker that says hot
soldering irons can cause burns. He is the guy that needs to read the
warning on a bag of charcoal to tell him not to barbecue in the house,
or heat his house with an open charcoal pit. This is the person that
has to be reminded at the propane filling station that open flames or
leaking gas could cause explosions.
Robert

My dad worked for the Federal Trade Comm. A law suit came in from a guy
who used a gas powered rotary lawnmower to trim the sides of his hedges.
Picked it up, flipped it 90 degrees and trimmed away, till...OOOPS!! He was
hurt, it's the lawnmower company's fault.

Wow! Maybe you can get a case number or some other positive
identifying data about that case, because Snopes has been looking for
something to confirm that story (which has been around for years) but
hasn't been able to find anything.

But don't listen to me:

http://www.snopes.com/legal/trimmer.asp

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.