Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default How to "de-coke" Epson printer ink jets ?

wrote:
On Aug 10, 1:42 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Nick" wrote in message

I have the Epson Stylus Photo 890 printer and it has been little used for
some time.
I put in a new set of ink cartridges, ran the cleaning cycle several times
but still it won't fire from all the jets.
Last time this happened to me was with a previous printer which was in
warranty and the engineer attended and sorted out in a "few minutes"
according to the person who was present, but I wasn't so didn't see how he
did it / any re-aligning procedure.
Can anyone tell me how to get the ink flowing on this or a similar model ?
I am sure its the bit that the cartridges sit on that has got some jets
blocked.
Thanks,
Nick

Welcome to the wonderful world of Epson clogged heads. Epson printers are
the worst pile of ****e that's ever been made for head clogging problems. I
had one that did it continuously if you left it more than a few days without
using it. I eventually got so frustrated with it using about a pint of ink
out of each cartridge every time it was put through a clean cycle, that I
eventually binned it and went to PC World to get a new all-in-one.
Foolishly, I allowed the salesman to talk me into a different Epson Model,
on the grounds that they couldn't make more than one model that was total
crap. Wrong ... The replacement was as bad if not worse than the previous
one for clogging. Try looking at this on the 'net. You will find that they
are well known for it.

Eventually, I gave up on it, and drop-kicked it down the garden. I went
straight to Staples, and bought an HP, as I should have done in the first
place. This gives stirling service, as the first ever one that I had did,
and never ever clogs. Even if you manage to unclog your Epson this time,
before realising that you've just rinsed about 30 quids-worth of ink in the
attempt, it *will* clog again next week, and the week after. Take my advice,
ditch it now, and put your money to a nice new HP. You'll never regret it.

Arfa

You only get so much time per life, and I've spent too much time
unclogging inkjets. Dont waste any more time, get a lazer. Theyre
cheap now.

NT

lasers not cheap to run if you want colour and not very good for photos

--
Kevin R
Reply address works