Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill B[_3_] Bill B[_3_] is offline

Default Protect copper shine from tarnish?

I have a flat shiny copper surface I want to protect from tarnishing.
I used a thin coat of varnish which seemed to work, but the surface
came out a little rough with fine grains of varnish on it. So, I
removed the varnish using Brasso polish and then got the idea of using
some car wax to protect the surface from tarnishing. It shines very
well, almost like a mirror, but I'm wondering how long the wax will
last?

Is this a good idea, or is there a better way to preserve a copper
shine, assuming some fingerprints may be added from handling?

-Bill