Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default creeping charlie

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:57:14 -0400, cj wrote:

is taking over my lawn. would it be best to spray this autum or next
sring? or both?
thanks, cj

Don't let it take over. If spraying in the autumn is supposed to do
any good at all, I'd spray both times. What do you plan to spray
with?

I think creeping charlie is the reason my little yard used to be flat
and now is bumpy. Much of the stuff grew along the wall, so I didn't
worry about it much, easy to rip out, but I think it was also growing
in other directions.

You can rip out long "underground stems", I forget what the real name
is (rhysomes?), if the ground is soft enough, but often they break in
no more than 6 feet.