Unisaw A100

Default Starrett

J Pagona aka Y.B. wrote:
Nice catch. You suck. Yada, yada, yada... Your daughter ought to really enjoy
these tools, as well as the memories of the hunt.

Now you understand why I didn't just go out and plunk down
$50 on a brand new one? 'Sides, this one has a *user's
mark*. Can't get that from Ann "Action Jackson" Rockler..

Considering the single minded persistance of the search for the entire Starrett
catalogue at garage sale prices, I've always wondered just a little about the
tenor of the prehunt moments in the Keeter household. When you find an ad that
says:

Machinist Tools:
Kennedy Roller Cabinet
Starrett
Mitutoya
Brown & Sharp

are the preparations for the hunt refined and genteel like an English fox hunt.

Once upon a time it involved the donning of the Carhartt
shirt (a 10ish oz. cotton, color (colour David) green,
catalog no. S09ASP) and a handful of Jolly Ranchers in the
cup holder of the Jeep (top down dependent on the season).
Check for glasses, the good ones for seeing close up, the
MagLite (small one/fits in pocket). A quick visit to
MapQuest to insure no additional time was spent wandering
and then it was up and onward. These days the hunt is few
and far between and more designed for results as time is
fleeting.

Or do you get a maniacal gleem in you eyes, turn to your dimwitted rodent
lackey and say, "Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?"

There was once an imaginary friend I used to take with me
named Billy (age 10). I was teaching him the ways. His
imaginary parents had an imaginary restraining order issued
against me so I guess there was a wee bit of Pinky going on.

OBWW: The Carhartt was bought at Highland Hardware. This
was the visit when I met His Royness and he autographed my
Galoot cap. That was the same day I met His Normness and
the same day he autographed my Galoot cap.

UA100