Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Evapo-Rust available at HF

In article , wrote:
RB wrote:

The irony is I can't get the people here where I work to buy the
stuff so we can sell it. I think AutoZone also sells it.

Googling got this link:
http://www.evapo-rust.com/

Where to buy it turned up autozone near me.

http://www.evapo-rust.com/wheretobuyit/

I'll buy some to play with. Thanks.

I've been very happy with it as well. It works as described, and I've
never had it attack anything. If you can't compeltely cover
something & leave it in for a long time, you can get discoloration at the
air interface, but I've never had any corrosion or pitting.

One trick I learned for large objects is to soak a piece of synthetic
chamois cloth ("super towels"), or a sponge in it, and then lash it to
the rusted surface for a while. I've managed to remove a lot of rust
thsi way from a sheet metal shear that I don't want to disassemble.

I'm glad to hear it's becoming more widely available. That should help
to bring the cost down & I won't have to pay shipping on the next batch.

Doug White