Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Chinese Diesel Generator

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:45:36 -0500, RoyJ wrote:

A couple years back there was a long string about an import special
diesel generator plus someone had a web site describing his trials with
it. Google just isn't getting it for me, any help?

I've been asked to acquire a one of these for a project. It needs to be
the classic simple design, lousy castings, poor fitup, works when you
finally get all the bugs out, runs on any fuel that is handy kind of
machine. Looking for the 10 to 20 hp range, 6 to 12 kw. Sources?

I consulted a few years back with a customer who manufactures generator
sets. They had me working on electronic speed control of one of their
diesel gen-sets.

They mentioned that the market was going away because of emissions
concerns in the US and elsewhere.

Are you sure that you can still get these things new?

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com