Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default UV for killing bacteria in water

wrote:
On Aug 8, 7:39 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hmmm,
I installed under the sink 6 stage filtering unit.

Wow can you elaborate? TIA.

Last stage is UV
light tube. According to my sister and brother(both chemists, brother
works for city water demartment) The filtered water is at least 99%
pure. It produces enough water per day for drinking and cooking.
Best thing is it does not have chlorine smell or funny taste. Even our
dog and cats drink that water.

Where you find your UV light? TIA.
99% ? Shouldn't you expect something like 99.9999%?
Provided the end water is "pure" the less chlorine the better
definitely.

Hi,
It came with the filter kit. I am sure you can find them at electrical
supply house.
It is a long cylindrical shape running on low voltage thru wall wart. I
think the main component is RO cartridge. Now kettle stays clean. No
scale build up. Our tap water is safe to drink(I trust my own bro, LOL)
but it's hard water, flouride, chlorine added which I don't like.
That 99% is conservative figure. Also as a side note we use rain water
for our plants. We have barrels round the house collecting rain water.