Posted to rec.woodworking

Default FedEx Freight

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
It is usually a union thing. Most if not all trucking company drivers
are members of the Teamsters Union.

It's also a Health and Safety thing. The last thin the delivery
company wnats is to pay out Workman's Comp for back injuries. I bet
they instruct their drivers NOT to help.

-Zz

The driver's responsibility is to get the freight to the back of the truck.

Many drivers will do more in the interest of time. They may choose to drop
a crate on the dock rather than wait for a forklift, etc. Once is a while,
they may ask that we use our forklift to reposition a pallet for the next
stop. Courtesy goes both ways.