Posted to rec.woodworking
David G. Nagel[_2_] David G. Nagel[_2_] is offline

Default FedEx Freight

B A R R Y wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If you specify lift gate delivery there is often a charge for it as
they have to send a trailer that is equipped. Never had a driver with
one that was equipped hesitate to use it though.

Oddly enough, all three big tools I've mail ordered were AIR FREIGHTED
to Bradley Airport, and delivered by EGL, complete with straight truck,
pallet jack, and lift gate. The air freight thing always makes me
wonder...

I also have experience with other trucking companies, not with power
tools, sending 53' trailers for residential delivery.

A few years ago I bought my wife one of those Endless Pools. It comes as
a kit and weights about 1500 lbs. There was an optional charge of $50 to
have the parts off loaded and placed where I wanted them, which was in
the basement. I also requested the delivery be made using a straight
truck as I lived at the end of a residential street. Well, the delivery
was made using a full size single axle semi. There were two men on the
truck and they worked their a's off. I backed my utility trailer down
the drive (100') and they loaded the parts on it then unloaded it and
took the parts down the basement. Best $50 I ever spent. Of course this
was on the back end of a $20,000 swimming pool. Also the best money I
ever spent. Nothing like going down stairs, stripping off and jumping in
for a swim each night.

Dave Nagel

If any of you guys buy one of these Endless Pools give them my name so I
can get the $200 finder's fee. HI HI...