Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] benjunk@pookmail.com is offline

Default questions about replacing the bottom few inches of panel siding

Robert,

Thanks so much for your smart suggestions. I can't believe I didn't
think about hardiboard. I had originally been looking at replacing
all of my plywood siding with cement fiber siding, but the quotes I
got were out of my budget (about $40-50k). I need something at least
10" tall for this fix, but I suspect they'll have a product that fits
the bill. The other suggestions on flashing and how to affix it are
great. Thanks!!

On Aug 3, 2:41*pm, Robert Allison wrote:

Try some hardiboard. *Very durable and takes all kinds of solid