Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default UV for killing bacteria in water

ransley wrote:
On Aug 8, 2:31 pm, wrote:
What's the cleanest (from the harmful crap like bacteria/lead/etc)
bottled water anyone? Bay area tap water has high counts of bacteria &
floride. And is it true a simple UV light will kill 99.9% of bacteria
in water? TIA.

A good household water filter takes care of that. What idiots dont
know about water leads them to buy bottled water, you can make better
out of tap, which is what alot use to make bottled. You are first off
panicking, second misinformed. 3rd over concerned x 10. I use a simple
filter used by mc Donalds, the army, airlines, etc etc but I forgot
its name because its not relavent in my life. Shacklee makes a great
table unit, but you really need to learn and not panic. what people
are getting sick from is Mexican fields , chillies, from field and
sewage treatment plant flood runoffs. I was In mexico in Mechicuan
Cotija, the sewage plant was in the valley with the crops, in the
monsoon season it overflowed, do you need any more explanation. They
got sick and did not know why. Instead Go buy a iphone and dont worry

Hi,
Filtering is good but to be effective it has to be maintained properly.