Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default UV for killing bacteria in water

wrote:
What's the cleanest (from the harmful crap like bacteria/lead/etc)
bottled water anyone? Bay area tap water has high counts of bacteria &
floride. And is it true a simple UV light will kill 99.9% of bacteria
in water? TIA.

Hmmm,
I installed under the sink 6 stage filtering unit. Last stage is UV
light tube. According to my sister and brother(both chemists, brother
works for city water demartment) The filtered water is at least 99%
pure. It produces enough water per day for drinking and cooking.
Best thing is it does not have chlorine smell or funny taste. Even our
dog and cats drink that water.