Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Boiler slowly leaking

On Aug 6, 8:53 pm, "NJC" wrote:
I have had my 20 or so year old Burnham RSM/98 boiler off since April. Now
I am seeing some water on the floor. Not much - about a cup a day.

I have heard that there is cast iron in older boilers that may leak when
cold. Is my only choice to turn it back on or is there a gasket or
something I can replace. Or since it is leaking now, am I now required to
replace something?

I have not had it on because I have been practically out of oil since April
(Live in NH) and oil company wants a min of 150 gallons ($600). I couldn't
shell out the cash just to have it sit in the tank all summer so I am not
planning to get a delivery until about Sept/Oct.

Is it possible that the overflow (pressure relief) is leaking? They
are a common failure part.

JK