Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Where can I get a rooftop TV antenna, installed, on a budget?

Do you know anyone who can do it for less? I almost feel inclined to
do it myself. Radio Shack sells a large antenna for $99. Bah this post
is very stressful.

The below are all cheap outside vhf/uhf/fm antennas. They get their
gain by being directional. Compared to inside antennas they have
height gain and a much less obstructed view of the desired signal.
Hopefully the stations you are interested in are in the same direction
so that a rotor would not be required.

Wineguard and Channelmaster are the two dominant players
as far as TV antennas go.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...?PROD=ANCM2001

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...?PROD=ANCM3014

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...p?PROD=ANC3016

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...p?PROD=SPR7032

Installation of such a small antenna should be a breeze. Just
determine where you want to mount it. Among your choices of
mounting hardware is a mast pipe( required) A small tripod, a
side wall mount ect.

You also need transmission cable. The best choice would be a 300 ohm
to 75 ohm outside transformer/balun mounted at the antenna so that
you could run 75 ohm coax to the TV.