Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] michaelscipione33@gmail.com is offline

Default Where can I get a rooftop TV antenna, installed, on a budget?

My girlfriend has two aunts in Huntington Park. They live in an older
home and need a TV antenna installed to get TV reception. The bunny
ears are not going to cut it come Feb. 2009.

We already got them a DTV box, now we need the rooftop antenna
installed.

I have read about how to do it. I'm fuzzy on pointing the antenna or
bolting down the mast on an old roof. Perhaps a pole anchored in
concrete would be better.

I was hoping to find someone who sells and installs the antenna, so a
Pro (or semi Pro) could take care of it.

I found http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...p?prod=ANTINST but
the out the door cost would be about $400 or so. An expensive gift to
give someone if you ask me. I called another guy out of Santa Monica,
but he is asking $500.

Do you know anyone who can do it for less? I almost feel inclined to
do it myself. Radio Shack sells a large antenna for $99. Bah this post
is very stressful.

Lesson I learned is, don't open your mouth to help. I fear if I take
on this project I will muck it up. TV reception is hit and miss, the
advice I was given is point the antenna to Mount Wilson.
How do I do that, use a compass?

If you've read this far, my hats off to you.

Best regards,
Michael Scipione