Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default FedEx Freight

M.Paul wrote:
Just a warning to those ordering heavy equipment...
My Grizzly bandsaw arrived this week. Before shipping Grizzly sent
an email asking me to agree to shipping terms which included a
statement that the driver would not assist in unloading the package
from the truck. I figured that it was just BS and agreed. Not only
would the driver not assist, they wanted $50 to operate the lift!!!
Fortunately there were 2 boxes (dividing the load) and a friend and
were able to muscle the boxes off the truck. Sure enough on the
FedEx
receipt was information detailing extra charges for lift use. Geez
for the price I paid to ship the thing I would think lift use would
be included. What a rip/scam!

Standard operating procedure. If you don't have a loading dock and a
forklift then make sure that it's absolutely clear how the load will
be gotten off the truck _in_ _advance_.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)