Posted to rec.woodworking
M.Paul[_3_] M.Paul[_3_] is offline

Default FedEx Freight

Just a warning to those ordering heavy equipment...
My Grizzly bandsaw arrived this week. Before shipping Grizzly sent an email
asking me to agree to shipping terms which included a statement that the
driver would not assist in unloading the package from the truck. I figured
that it was just BS and agreed. Not only would the driver not assist, they
wanted $50 to operate the lift!!! Fortunately there were 2 boxes (dividing
the load) and a friend and I were able to muscle the boxes off the truck.
Sure enough on the FedEx receipt was information detailing extra charges for
lift use. Geez for the price I paid to ship the thing I would think lift
use would be included. What a rip/scam!