Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Cleaning In-Wall Drier Vent????????HELP??????

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:43:22 -0700 (PDT), infiniteMPG
wrote:

Our clothes drier isn't very old and over the last year has slowly
taken more and more time to dry a load of clothes. The drier appears
fully functional, the heat seems to get quite hot, and we keep the
lint trap cleaned. We're suspecting the duct might be clogged up.
The round flexible drier duct hooks up to an outlet in the utility
room at the base of the wall. We're assuming there is some sort of
duct running up thru the wall and I have seen the round duct coming
from the wall up to the duct going thru the roof.

Just not sure how to go about tackling trying to clean this out.

Any hints or things to watch out for?

Thanks!

Did you inspect the outlet? Since your end is on the roof it may be
easier to clean it out from the inside. In your case I suggest buying
a 4" diameter dryer vent brush made for this purpose and use it every
6 months.

Try he

http://www.repairclinic.com

Sometimes insects or animals will build nests in vents. Check for
wasps/bees before doing anything else. Install a 1/2" mesh hardware
cloth over the outlet if necessary.