Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Sattelite TV/ electrical problem?

On Aug 8, 5:50*am, "RBM" wrote:
"luvlex1017" wrote in message

Hi. *I am so very frustrated and wondering if someone can help. *My
husband
isn't very "handy" and my dad who is an electrician lives on the other
side of
the country and is in bed. *So here's my story (sorry if it is long).

I have a 9 year old manufactured home that I bought in November of 07.
From
then til recently I had comcast for tv/internet/phone. *For weeks my modem
would
reset itself over and over and over all day long. *I had technicians out
numerous times and nobody could tell me what was wrong. *So thinking it
was a
comcast issue, I switched to Qwest. *The direct tv guy came out today to
install
my dish...and was here for 5 1/2 hours. *He hooked up the first receiver
in the
living room and it worked fine. *Kid #1's room-fine, kid # 2/3 room-fine.
He
goes to hook up the master bedroom, turns it on and it blew out the signal
in
EVERY room. *So he spent hours replacing his own parts (the only cable he
didn't
replace is one preexisting one in the living room). *After hours, all he
could
get to work were the living room and Kid #1 bedroom. He tells me he thinks
have a bad ground somewhere in the house. Oh, I should say, that
everything had
power, but no signal. So, I called my father who tells me to get an outlet
tester. *I haven't tried all the outlets yet, but I just wantedsome other
opinions. *Plus I flipped all my circuit breakers on and off and all the
outlets
in my house with the exception of the very front of my house are on one
circuit?
? And the one satellite in Kid 1's room, the picture freezes every time
she
changes the channel. *Besides regular outlets, could outlets in power
strips
have the same grounding problem, should I test those? *Could it be my
husband is
overloading our system with too much crap in the living room? *I really
want to
pull my hair out right now. *Thanks for reading this.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

I agree with Bill, although it sounds like a possible open neutral on an
Edison circuit, causing high voltage to some outlets. Definitely get an
electrician out, and give him all the info that you posted here- Hide quoted text -

How can the installer replace all cable[except in one roon] that
sounds like a troll.