Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning In-Wall Drier Vent????????HELP??????

Pull the dryer out from the wall, unhook the hose, and have a good look in
with a flash light.

I think I saw a dryer vent cleaning kit at Home Depot. Brush on the end of a
long snake. You could build something with a drain snake, and a brush, and
some electrical tape to tape the brush to the end of the drain snake. That
would loosen the dust so your big shop vac could vacuum up the dust.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"infiniteMPG" wrote in message
why not disconnect dryer then vacuum out the duct? tape up the hose for
better suction?

GREAT idea. In fact we have a great 1-1/2 HP shop vac that we just
replaced the filter on and it really REALLY has some good suction.
Did know if we might have to use something from the top down. I'll
give that a try!

That's a great example of how these groups are great, such a simple
solution and yet it totally eluded me :O)