Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Heinz Schmitz Heinz Schmitz is offline

Default Viewsonic E653 Monitor. Squashed picture II

Arfa Daily wrote:

To be honest, I think that you have reached the point where you can't go
much further without a set of schematics and a 'scope.

He may just be lucky if he finds the Fet or darlington which drive the
EW-correction and if this is shorted. Often there is an inductivity in
the collector path to block horizontal frequency - this may be burnt
then, too, sometimes opened.

You need to see how
E-W raster correction modulation is achieved,

Good explanation.

I don't know what else to suggest that you do. Did you look on
eserviceinfo.com to see if the Viewsonic with almost the same model number
that's listed, was similar ?

I was often surprised to find almost identical modules in different
models :-).

Regards,
H.