Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default FWIW - OT MESSAGE HEADERS

FrozenNorth wrote:

I'm fairly sure the "2038 Bug" is not going to present _me_ much of a
problem ...
you sure? certain financial places have been running into this problem.
seems that a 30 year mortgage obtained this year runs out in 2038....

Emphasis on the "me". Since 2038 will be the 95th anniversary of my
birth and I don't recall any of my relatives ever hitting the 90 mark,
I doubt I'll be around to be affected by it.

Just curious, did you pull 2038 out of your ass, just add 30 years, or were
you aware of the potential problem?

Seriously.

Seriously, I just pulled the 30 years out of my ass, Tom just went with
it.

I used 30 years because thats roughly how long Gates has been infecting
the planet with his virus.

I might add that immediately after my original post on this my PC
crashed, and because of a simple hardware problem, Windows XP in all
it's splendor SCREWED ME once again. I guess it was poetic justice in a
way.

Something like this happened to a friend of mine just 2 weeks ago. I
told him how to fix it but instead, he went out and bought a new
computer... THEN he did what I told him and he now has 2 computers.
This is the problem with dammed windows, it is a predator virus that
****es off the competent and kills the innocent.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com