Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT 1571 to be Charged For

On 8 Aug 2008 07:50:16 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

And I suspect Mr Eager, like me, is annoyed that BT do not offer ADSL
over an ISDN line. It's possible but BT don't do it.

Indeed. Although it's nice to have the POTS line in case the ISDN
suffers a catastrophic failure.

True enough except the last "catastrophic failure" of the ISDN also took
out the POTS as a farmer dug up and broke the cable... The POTS also
provides 4th level net access via a good old dial up modem. Though that
would take a fair bit of messing about to get working.

--
Cheers
Dave.