Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default After No. 1300 . . .

The president of our woodturning club includes the bowl number along
with signature, date and wood - on the bottom of his bowls. At the
last club meeting he had an ash bowl that was something like No. 1352.

Maybe if I find a type of turning or a type of form I REALLY REALLY
REALLY
like, I can imagine doing maybe 20 of something - AFTER I'd tried every
other
type of turning that seemed interesting.

I understand that each piece of wood is different, with potential
treasures
hidden within to to be revealed by the turner. And turning a BIG bowl
is
different than turning a small bowl. I can get the challenge of turning
wood with holes and inclusons and punky wood mixed with sound wood.

But - with all the possibilities out there - as of right now - knowing
new ones will pop up almost daily - how do folks stick to one type
of turning?