Silvan

Default Variable Speed Drill Press

CW wrote:

Why are you knocking yourself out with something difficult to make and you
won't be happy with anyway?

I might be happy with it. How will I find out if I don't make it?

Anyway, the only effort at this point is one of thinking.

Get yourself a sheet of MDF and make your
fixtures out of that. A couple of holes and you can bolt it right to the

Not available locally as far as I know, for one thing.

You're missing the point anyway. The main gadget I'd like to have its own,
dedicated base that I could swap for the table is my cross sliding vise. I
had to rig a kludgy adapter to get it bolted to the table (T-slots instead
of through holes... I didn't think of that when shopping for DPs, and it's
impossible to attach the thing directly to the table...), and it's tedious
to handle. I'd rather have it mounted on a plate that I can just drop
right down into the table mounting hole.

drill press. If you really wanted to go to the trouble, you could make a
sub base that stayed on the drill press and you could make fixtures that

A sub base is definitely the bill that needs filling. I just don't have the
technology available to make a decent one.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17322 Approximate word count: 519660