Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Cleaning In-Wall Drier Vent????????HELP??????

" wrote in news:8f048eec-e8d8-426c-
:

I too believed the white plastic vent line was a fire hazard so I
replaced it.

Curious as to how well it would burn I got my garden hose out and ran
a experiment.

tried lighting a small piece of the plastic with my grill lighter,
white plastic turned brown.

got out the big guns expecting a blaze tried lighting the 10 foot long
piece with my mapp gas torch. all it did was smoulder and turn brown.

saw some plastic type at a large hardware store, if its fireproof, i
will go back to it.

it no longer appears to be flammable, another urban legend debunked

Maybe urban legend but code says it's illegal...so I've heard. Your house
so, of course, you can vent it into the washer drain if you want :-).
Should you ever sell and a home inspecton item is "potential fire
hazard", you'll be replacing it unless you can show the packaging that
says it meets some ANSI fire rating.