Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default OT Paperless

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Husky" wrote in message
Sorry, bank statements don't cut it when all the statements show are the
check number, when it cleared, and the amount. I could write a check to
myself, for the amount of any bill, cash it, and claim that paid the bill.
Without the canceled check, no proof of payment, period.

My bank statements come with a picture of the check showing it was
cancelled.

In our case, the judge said he had to see the signature on
the back.
Our bank imaged just the front of the checks. The only thing
that
saved our $1300 was a year end summary that showed the payment
they claimed they didn't get.

Many years ago, a postmark on an envelop saved my backside.
I've saved everything since then ;-)