Posted to alt.architecture,alt.planning.urban,alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Lead Paint Regs

In article af1efaaf-b085-4a55-b753-a12e8f317021@
2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com, says...
On Aug 7, 9:25 pm, wrote:
What a crock of BS. People will work on their houses regardless

That assumes that a building inspector will issue you a building
permit and/or CO.

No, it assumes most people don't get permits for DIY renovations to
begin with, and inspectors don't have the time or desire to go around
revoking occupancy over minor home renovations.

Seriously, go to one of the big box stores, look at all the water
heaters in stock, and tell me you honestly think most consumers take out
a permit to replace their own water heater.

Look at all the drywall, paint, and paneling in stock, and tell me you
honestly think most consumers get a permit to spruce up the pantry.

Unless this new rule is backed by substantial new enforcement funding,
it will join the long list of rules that are routinely ignored by
homeowners working on their own homes.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/