Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Dishwasher hot water usage

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Phisherman wrote:

My dishwasher is hooked up to the hot water line only. Our gas water
heater is set to 125 degrees, so the dishwasher heats it to higher
temperatures. Cold water washing seems to be the trend, but I'm not
convinced cold water kills pathogens as good as hot water. My washer
does not have a "sanitize" setting--I thought it sanitized at
whatever settings.

You're right. Before hot water, when eating and cooking utensils were
washed (if washed at all) in cold water, pathogens multiplied and the
human race died off.

Home hot water cannot kill most bacteria and viruses.

I'll bet you don't even eat food that falls on the floor!

...and the human race died off.

That must mean I'm a cockroach. They survive everything man and Mother
Earth has been able to conjure up for millions of years.