Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Dishwasher hot water usage

Anagram wrote in
:

When a dishwasher uses hot water from a hot water pipe, does it know
it should wait till the hot water runs hot, or does it just go ahead
and get whatever comes out of the pipe?

If a dishwasher has the capability of heating its own water, would it
make sense to connect it to the cold water? If it gets cold water
from the hot water pipe, then, by the time it finishes getting the
water it wants, the hot water pipe would start to get hot, which would
be wasted while waiting for the dishwasher to use it again. That
problem would be solved by connecting it to cold instead of hot, so no
hot would ever be wasted. Right?

If you give me the full model number I MAY be able to get you the timing
diagram. It has every piece of info that happens at each different cycle.

BTW, it is often tucked behind the kickplate during install for any future
the service techs.