Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default dental gold?

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 05:44:26 GMT, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

I had a tooth extracted today. It had been crowned with gold. They gave me
back the gold crown, tooth still in it of course.

I seem to recall hearing that Coca-Cola actually dissolves teeth. Is that
a workable solution to removing the old tooth from the gold crown? Is
there a better one?

Grant

Hammer.

That's kind of what I am thinking. I'll try that tomorrow, let you know
what happened.

Grant

A propane torch will just burn out the tooth from the gold.

Beware mercury fumes. The gold in crowns may be or contain mercury-gold
amalgam, not just gold-copper casting alloy.

Joe Gwinn