Posted to alt.architecture,alt.planning.urban,alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Lead Paint Regs

I was just wondering who was doing what in response to the new EPA
lead rules that take effect in 2010.

I took the safe work practices course way back when, when it was all
new. So I guess I'm okay, But this new rule seems like it can stand
things on it head for most people because there's no way they are
going to be able to train every contractor in the country be
mid-2010.

It seems like the reg could have some serious, practical
consequences. For example, if the contractor sets up a work zone,
neither the architect nor the building inspector could enter the area
if they don't have training. Homeowners really shouldn't be allowed
back in the work area until it's cleared, and clearance can take a
week or so. All the testing, clearance, etc will add time and money
to projects.

What are most people doing, just ignoring it and hope nothing bad
happens.