Posted to alt.home.repair
Husky Husky is offline

Default OT Paperless

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 20:54:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

They wouldn't. The question was WTF would one need a 4 year old
cancelled check for. The answer was above.

And I asked how a bank statement wouldn't be sufficient and was ignored.

The IRS requires the cancelled checks, you weren't ignored, I just
was a little too subtle in my reply (g).

bull****. Bank statements are sufficient.
Most banks don't provide returned canceled checks nowadays anyway,
another fact that you ignored.

Get online for a canceled check image if you feel a need to verify the
handwriting and signature, but otherwise, a bank statement is
sufficient. It proves that there was a transfer of funds.

Sorry, bank statements don't cut it when all the statements show are the
check number, when it cleared, and the amount. I could write a check to
myself, for the amount of any bill, cash it, and claim that paid the
bill. Without the canceled check, no proof of payment, period.