Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Jointing or Biscuits

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 07:37:13 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

snip
Agreed, biscuits add considerable strength to butt joints, and miter
joints.

Today Domino's work even better. ;~)

Leon, it's less expensive to have YOU do the joints, and pay labor and
shipping,
then buy a Domino..
Yeah, it's tool envy.. [ sigh ]

;~), boy that Domino saved me lot's of time on my last job. I think I put
in about 28 loose tennons on just the legs on the walnut desk. Throw in
probably 54 for the top and shelves for aligning the pieces of wood and
another 28 for the shelf skirts. Biscuits would have worked on the top and
shelf panels but it would have been over 100 mortises done on the mortiser
for the shelf and leg skirts. On this job alone the Domino probably saved
me 1 full day of work and that is about 1/3 the cost of the Domino.