Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default gutters

Owain wrote:
Sam wrote:
Just a quick question as I have never climbed high enough to find out
for myself: how secure well do gutter clips clip the gutter? I would
have thought they would hold it tight enough to keep the gutter in
place when its windy but OTOH shouldn't there be enough slack to allow
the gutter to expand/contract in the heat?

Wind blows gutters up/down.

Heat expansion is along the gutter.

My gutter is beyond repair and I wondered how easy it would be to
unclip it once I'm up there. Can I be lazy and use the old clips if
the gutter is the same design as before? I was hoping to minimise my
time at that height! I was wondering whether I could just slide the
new gutter into place but somehow I doubt it will be that easy.

If it's plastic it should probably click in with moderate values of
brute force.

after you have replaced all the broken clip/brackets if the gutter has
had it as it was possibly installed at the same time the clips are
probably in the same state

--
Kevin R
Reply address works