Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Cold taps suddenly lose pressure, but tank in loft is full...

"Mikeyboy" wrote in message
On 7 Aug, 16:28, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
wrote:
in my house the kitchen tap and a few others
come direct from the water mains,
others come from a big water tank,
and the hot water comes from a third tank.

i suggest jim experiments with various stop taps,
perhaps wiring a float up and off,
to find where the shower water comes from...

1 Thanks George, but I know where the shower water comes from, it was
only fitted last year! It is fed from the loft tank- as I have already
said.

Modern shower mixer frequently have screen filters in them.
You need to check them if the flow is poor.

On the Mira I fitted you take off the front and unscrew the filter elements
using the tool supplied.
YMMV.