Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mikeyboy Mikeyboy is offline

Default Cold taps suddenly lose pressure, but tank in loft is full...

On 7 Aug, 16:28, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
wrote:
in my house the kitchen tap and a few others
come direct from the water mains,
others come from a big water tank,
and the hot water comes from a third tank.

i suggest jim experiments with various stop taps,
perhaps wiring a float up and off,
to find where the shower water comes from...

1 Thanks George, but I know where the shower water comes from, it was
only fitted last year! It is fed from the loft tank- as I have already
said.
2 Jim, the tank is made of galvanised metal. We live in London - hard
water.
3 Thanks, Reentrant, that would be quite difficult, but if its the
only answer, I'll just have to bite the bullet!
Any more thoughts out there??
Mike