Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Mystery DIY Object

wrote in message
2nd clue time... I measured the yellow wire in the pic at 1mm
diameter, so the object must be 3.2 - 3.5 mm thick.

Every time I look at it I think hardboard, but the rounded edge and
corner dont fit with that, and AFAIK there isnt any hardboard where I
took the pic... I think its just going to be an Unidentified Landed
Object.

It appears to be something that has been turned from square fibre rod. The
bottom and side look moulded, but the upper edge looks machined. The
unfocused bit on the right of the picture looks like a turned spigot
standing up from the centre of the square bit.

Colin Bignell