Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Toilet Tank, Meet Toilet Bowl...

I will tell you that I've found the secret to installing a tank to a bowl is
to push down on the tank while you hand tighten the nut. Do it evenly both
sides and when you are done the tank is tight with no tools.

"SH" wrote in message
On Aug 7, 1:38 am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/6/2008 5:35 PM SH spake thus:

Not a plumber here, but having done just what you're doing (attaching a
tank to a bowl) not too long ago, I'm just wondering: are you sure the
rubber seal is installed correctly? Seems like that could be causing the
severe tilting you're experiencing.

Fair question, but yes, the gasket is evenly and securely attached.
I'll be calling American Standard today, was asking here in case
someone else had run into the same problem...

Thanks, SH