Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Are electric WH timers worth it

On Aug 6, 8:31*pm, "Jordan" wrote:
I just started thinking about getting an electric water heater timer for my
3 year old 30 gallon water heater. *I checked some of the reviews for the
Intermatic timers and it looks like everybody loves them and they say they
practically get their $40 bucks back each month.

Are timers all they seem to be cracked up to be and will turning off the
water heater from 10 PM to 8 AM really save a family of 4 a big chunk of
change each month?

What kind of timer, what does it consume 24x7, thats an extra charge.
I have some commercial timers that consume maybe 4-5$ a month
themselves. You might save 2-4$ on the tank and pay 5$ to run the
timer.