Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn Mower Power - What is the HP?

On Aug 7, 8:33*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

What exactly do you expect for $150 and why do you leave your mower
out in the rain?

Yeah. For $200 I recently bought a used 12.5HP Snapper riding mower.

Why not leave it out in the rain? Won't hurt the mower any more than hosing
it down when the job's done.

Of course it will. Comparing it to washing it down is like saying a
car left exposed outside instead of having it garaged is no worse off
than cars taken to the car wash occasionally. Leaving it outside,
depending on the exact climate, can expose it to long periods of being
wet, high humidity which can condense on inside parts, etc.

Plus, I don't know about you, but if I were washing off my mower, I
wouldn't be spraying water down on top of the engine like rain would
fall.